Please review and correct the information below.

Funding your care

Long term care services provided by North Lincolnshire Council are not free and most people will have to pay something towards their care costs. 

If you have been assessed as having eligible social care needs, you may be able to receive help towards your care costs if you meet certain financial criteria.

If you have complex health needs or you need primary heath care, rather than social care, you may be eligible for NHS funded care.

Am I eligible for financial assistance?

If you receive care services from North Lincolnshire Council you may be eligible for financial assitance towards the cost of these services.

Financial help is means tested and depends on your income, savings and investements.

If you have over £23,250 in savings and investments, you will have to self-fund the full cost of your care services. Savings under £14,250 will not be taken into account when calculating how much you need to pay towards your care.

You can try the quick calculator to see if you are likely to be eligible for financial assistance.

Do you take the value of my home into account?

We do not take the value of your home into consideration if:

  • You receive care services and still live in your own home
  • You are in short-term or temporary residential care and intend to go back to your main home
  • You enter residential care and have a dependent relative, such as a spouse, elderly relative or child under 18 who remains living in the home.

If you are entering residential care and have no dependents, then the value of your home may be included when determining whether you are eligible for financial assistance.

If you have more than one property, or hold land, the value of any property or land where you do not live will be included when determining your eligibility for financial assistance.

How do I apply for financial assistance?

You can apply online. Simply select whether you receive:

You can also download an application form and return it to the adress on the form, or call Financial Support on 01724 298071 and they will post you an application.

Last reviewed: 20/06/2017

Copyright© 2012 - 2018 PCG Care Solutions. View our Terms of use, our Privacy policy or our Accessibility statement

Report this page

Close window

You can use this form to register any query or complaint you may have about this website or any of the content within it. Simply fill in the details below and this will be sent directly to us to investigate. We will always try and respond within one working day.

Page Reference: Adult self services pathway 3

However if you have further concerns about internet safety and would like further independent advice, please select the CEOP button below.

Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre Internet Safety
Helpdesk Icon

Need help?

Close window

If you need help using shop4support call the shop4support Helpdesk on
0333 600 6330 or email info@shop4support.com

If you have a question about social care, please contact your council.
Find out who your council is here.